Restoration work starting to show success

As explained in March, we have embarked on a campaign to restore the areas of the wood damaged by fires and associated damage. We have now made some progress in repairing the walls using the rocks removed from them to make fireplaces. We have also cleaned out and reseeded a number of fireplaces, using a moorland grass mix provided by the DNPA Ranger.

Here’s a general view of one area roped off for restoration, and the rebuilt wall near it.


And here’s another site. It’s a bit difficult to see with the dappled sunlight, but the grass is growing quite well despite the lack of rain.DSCF6687

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s